If you’re in the market for an affordable sewing machine that offers a nice list of standard features and accessories, you should give consideration to the Singer 7258. This machine is made with a sturdy steel frame and is covered by Singer’s impressive 25-year warranty.
Here is a detailed review of the Singer sewing machine, model 7258. The review includes the specifications, plus standard accessories and features. There are some pros and cons discussed, plus a few opinions from other owners of this quality sewing machine.
About the Singer 7258 Sewing Machine
Specifications and Description
- Stitches: 100 built-in stitch patterns with over 100 different stitch functions.
- Product size: 14.5 x 7.5 x 12 inches (36.8 x 19 x 30.5 centimeters)
- Product weight: 14.8 pounds (6.7 kilograms)
- Warranty: 25-year limited warranty on chassis, 5-year warranty on motors, light assembly, wiring, switches, speed control and other electronic components. 1-year warranty on belts, bulbs, and attachments.
Singer has a reputation for putting strong metal frames inside all their sewing machines. Model 7258 continues that tradition. It is a durable machine that offers a number of both useful and practical features.
There is an impressive 25-year warranty on the major components, with good warranties on the other aspects of this machine such as electronics and accessories. You’ll be able to also sew a number of different types of projects with this little workhorse.
The 7258 has 100 built-in stitches, including more than six-dozen special decorative stitch patterns. The speed controller is great for beginners who want to start out slow, but it is also a useful feature experienced users who like to have pinpoint control over their sewing speed.
Two very useful things that Singer provides with this machine are an easy-to-understand owner’s manual and an instructional DVD. The DVD is especially helpful to beginners who are just learning how to sew. Advanced users also found many of the tips and suggestions valuable as well.
Standard Accessories & Features
- There are 100 built-in stitches that will help you tackle almost any type of sewing project.
- The needle has 13 different position settings.
- You can program the needle to work either up or down.
- There is an auto-pilot feature, so you do not always have to use the foot pedal.
- The drop-in bobbin case is easy to load and has a transparent cover.
- You can use the automatic tie-off option to close both ends of your stitching.
- If you want to sew elaborate stitch patterns, the stitch length and width selector will come in handy.
- Being able to go back and forth on a seam is easy with the automatic reverse feature.
- This machine has 7 different, one-step buttonholers.
- There is an automatic needle threader, so you won’t have to struggle to thread your needles.
- This machine has 10 presser feet, including a gathering foot, rolled hem foot and darning foot.
- You can easily adjust the sewing speed using the start and stop button.
- The 7258 has a tri-lingual owner’s manual, plus a very informative instructional DVD.
The Singer 7258 has 100 built-in stitches. There are 7, one-step buttonhole options as well. There are enough basic stitch patterns make any repair, plus such a vast variety that you can create unique stitch designs. With more than 76 decorative stitches, you can easily create breath-taking garments, linens, or other fabulous projects.
- PUSH BUTTON STITCH SELECTION: The SINGER Stylist 7258 sewing machine allows you to select the desired stitch with just a simple push of a button. Optimum settings for length, width and tension are set automatically and are customizable with adjustable stitch length and stitch width. Volts : 120V. Amps : 0.62. Watts-74
- WARRANTY: SINGER Stylist 7258 Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty , 60 Hertz
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only
Pros and Cons of the Singer 7258
Opinions About the 7258 by Singer
One feature that was mentioned multiple times in customer opinions was the automatic tension control. It freed up users to worry about their sewing, as opposed to making sure the tension was adjusted manually.
Owners like the sturdy Singer metal frame, while still having a very reasonable price. Even advanced users like the idea that they can watch the thread level through the see-through bobbin cover. It’s also one less thing beginners have to worry about.
There were countless reviews from users who had never sewed before. They especially found the instructional DVD to be helpful. It not only shows you things to avoid to help prevent mistakes, but there are also tips and tricks to make better as soon as you sit down at your new Singer machine.
While problems and the need for repairs were limited, some customers were disappointed that it took so long for their Singer to be returned. They were happy that Singer honored the warranty, but it took an unexpectedly long time to return their machines.
Both beginners and experienced users really found the number of presser feet to be a great feature. Some even said that single feature sold them on the machine. There were also a number of positive comments about the vast array of decorative stitch patterns that Singer offers standard on the 7258.
How to Thread the Singer 7258
Here you can learn how to thread the Singer 7258 machine all by yourself. This is a must if you’re a beginner and want to do the right thing for your sewing machine.
Model 7258 is made with the Singer reputation for building solid and durable sewing machines. It is priced affordably, perfect if you’re a beginner looking for that first machine. If you’re an experienced user, it’s an excellent option to replace an older machine, or as a second backup unit. If you’ve used the Singer 7258, tell us about your experience with this sewing machine.
Top recommended read:
Last update on 2021-09-25 at 21:50 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API